Orchard House is in the heart of Bedford Park, within easy reach of Turnham Green Underground Station and bus routes E3, 440, 27, 94, 237, 267, 272 and 391.
The main premises were designed by the well-known architect Norman Shaw and built around 1880: the school occupies a listed Grade II building. The design of what was originally a very large family house provides classrooms that are spacious, brightly lit and well heated and ventilated. The original west wing was completely rebuilt in 1999 to provide a significant increase in facilities.
Within the grounds of just under half an acre there is an all-weather area, parts of which are laid out as netball courts, and an artificially turfed garden with playground apparatus. As well as being able to make frequent use of these facilities, the children are occasionally taken to Acton Green park 150 yards away. The classroom for the Den (the school's nursery class for 3+ year olds) and the music room are accommodated in St Michael and All Angels church hall. In September 2010 the school expanded to include the new accommodation nearby at 2 Rupert Road, which was extensively renovated.
Orchard House School
Inside a classroom