Our new school will benefit from a full cosmetic refurbishment of all sites – Rupert Road, Priory Avenue and Newton Grove as well as additional specialist teaching space in the form of a new Science, Technology and Computing Centre, additional spaces for Art, Music and Drama, a fuller timetable of enrichment and clubs, and expert subject teaching. As a thriving three form entry school, all of our children will benefit from a full time teaching assistant and specialist teaching staff across the curriculum, ensuring academic excellence alongside outstanding pastoral care.
This seven-figure investment from Dukes will put Orchard House School squarely on the map as one of London’s premier preparatory schools.
Re-furbished inside and out
With a dedicated Form Teacher and Teaching Assistant in each class, Years 1 -3 will be based in Priory Avenue, where newly re-furbished classrooms will ensure a bright and colourful environment decorated with displays to reflect current topics. Years 4 – 6 will be based in Newton Grove, a beautiful heritage building benefiting from a fully modernised refurbishment, where the pupils experience a more formal approach to learning.
- Schools will have fantastic new outdoor play areas – three natural, ergonomic outside spaces with extra playground areas which means more outside space for every pupil.
- All classrooms will be refurbished – teaching spaces will be upgraded to create an even better learning environment.
- We will offer a menu with organic, sustainable ingredients, including fresh herbs from our on-site school herb garden. We will cater to all tastes.
Specialist sports facilities
Specialist coaching and teaching in Sport and Music are available to all, not just to the sporting or musical ‘elite’. Our Sports facilities at the Old Actonians Sports Ground and Rocks Lane feature football, cricket, rugby and hockey pitches, netball courts, all weather pitches for lacrosse and a sports field for athletics and Sports Days. Our pupils benefit from nearby access to swimming facilities to ensure all sporting and games are offered.
We are embarking on an exciting journey that will incorporate the best aspects of both schools and create a fantastic learning environment for all pupils. I am excited and proud to be part of this innovative development."Mrs. Henrietta Adams Head of Chiswick & Bedford Park
Specialist teaching spaces
- Music rooms at Newton Grove and Rupert Road will be modernised.
- Dedicated use of the church hall. This will allow us to offer more performing arts opportunities and after school clubs.
- The plans include a new student well-being space where pastoral staff can help support children that may be feeling upset or anxious.
- We’re excited to introduce a new library to the school, encouraging a love of reading.
- EYFS has it’s own space.
Design look and feel
Building a sustainable school
An important part of the school transformation is to create a more eco-friendly school for future generations. From using sustainable materials and environmentally-friendly garden designs – we will improve the eco footprint of the school.